What is the ideal candidate profile for the AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency program?
There is no single “best” profile to become a successful teacher in an AUSL school. AUSL seeks individuals from all backgrounds and types of experience who ...
Mon, 20 Jul, 2015 at 10:08 AM
What grade levels or content areas am I eligible to teach?
Residents must have completed college-level course work in the content area(s) they wish to teach, in accordance with the Illinois State Board of Education ...
Mon, 8 Feb, 2016 at 11:56 AM
What are the minimum qualifications to apply?
To be eligible to apply for the AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency program, you must have:  Bachelor’s degree by June 2018 Preferred GPA of 3.0/4.0 in t...
Thu, 13 Jul, 2017 at 2:12 PM
I filled out the transcript analysis form and am missing some required coursework.
If you are missing 6 or fewer semester hours of college-level course work, you will work with your advisor to make arrangements to earn those credits. To...
Wed, 7 Sep, 2016 at 4:52 PM
I am still in school completing my bachelor's degree. Can I still apply for the AUSL program?
Yes! If your bachelor’s degree will be conferred by June 2018, you may apply to begin the AUSL program in late June/early July 2018.
Thu, 13 Jul, 2017 at 2:13 PM
I have been out of college for several years or more. May I apply for the program?
Yes! AUSL seeks passionate and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have completed other graduate or professional cou...
Sun, 28 Sep, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Do I have to live in Chicago to participate in the AUSL program?
No. During your training year, you may live in or outside the city of Chicago. However, Chicago Public Schools requires its teachers to live in the city of ...
Tue, 21 Feb, 2017 at 8:46 AM
I currently live outside Illinois. May I apply?
Yes, AUSL welcomes applications from candidates outside Illinois who choose to make a commitment to training and teaching in Chicago for five years or more.
Wed, 24 Sep, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Do I need to be a US Citizen to apply?
All AUSL residents must either be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States to qualify for the program. Unfortunately, AUSL does not sponsor H...
Mon, 11 Aug, 2014 at 3:34 PM