You should apply for the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2016. Gather all the necessary documents needed to fill out the FAFSA, which are listed below:
- Social Security number – be sure that it is correct! (Name should be used as it is stated on your Social Security Card.)
- Records of income, such as income earned from work and business, child support paid or received, and any other untaxed income. If available, refer to the W-2 Forms and the IRS Federal Income Tax Return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. (Use 2015 taxes.)
- Information about assets, such as savings, certificates of deposit, stock options, bonds, 529 plans, other college savings programs, real estate, and business.
- Driver’s license number, if you have one. (This is not required.)
- Citizenship records – alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. Citizen).
Access the FAFSA application at fafsa.ed.gov.
For NLU: Apply for the July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 school year and use NLU school code: 001733.
For DePaul: Apply for BOTH the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 AND July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 school years and use DePaul school code: 001671.