No. During your training year, you may live in or outside the city of Chicago. However, Chicago Public Schools requires its teachers to live in the city of Chicago, so you will need to abide by the CPS residency policy when you begin your full-time teaching career following graduation.

Teachers in a few high-need content areas, for example special education, math, and science, are eligible to apply for a waiver of the residency policy. AUSL cannot guarantee that a resident will be granted a waiver.

CPS Residency Policy >